Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Diigo

With all of the new technologies we have been exploring, I must admit that Diigo is the one that I use the least. While I appreciate the usefulness of this online tool, I have to remind myself to go on and find websites to add. I can fully understand how I might use this when I am looking for teaching tools when I have a classroom, but as of now, the other technologies are more interesting and useful at the present time. What I do like about  Diigo is the ability to share Diigo libraries with peers. I could see this being useful for grade level teams who are collaborating on units of study. I do not think I am using this tool to it's potential...I know that we can highlight and use post its...This is what interests me and I intend to play around with this to see other ways to use this online tool in ways other than a list of resources. There are several introductory videos on Diigo... I liked this one that is directed at teachers and explains ways to use Diigo as a teacher...
 
Using this tool when researching with students is another way to use Diigo. A group can be created where a classroom of students can share their research sites and ideas and can also be monitored by the teacher. Another way to assess student research projects! I have been slow to start My Diigo, but I am starting to play around with it and am starting to come around to its handiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment