Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Journey of a Digital Story

Well, the time has come to post my final version of this digital story. A few months ago I had no idea what anyone was talking about when they said narrate a digital story. Sure, I had made movies for fun to music, but my voice to a movie? This was new to me and it seemed that NASA level technology would need to be figured out to accomplish this.I never would have imagined that narrating this would be the easy part, only 20 minutes or so of sitting at the kitchen table with my laptop and microphone. It only took me 5 tries to get my timing down. And I remembered the wise words of my professor, saying save each attempt because it might be better than the next 5. I opted not to include music with the voice because it might be distracting. The timeline was helpful, especially when picking my purpose and getting my thoughts together in terms of the narration. How do the slides relate to my topic? To the next frame? I used the provided 
Storyboard googledoc  

to lay out my project. It was an interesting project that proved to be challenging but also a great learning experience. Here is my final version: An introduction to me!

1 comment:

  1. I really like your idea to use a digital story to introduce yourself to your future classroom. I am sure your students will really enjoy watching this!

    ReplyDelete