Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Literacy Project

I am mighty impressed with myself! I created a weebly website for fifth grade Literature Circles as well as a blog on the site to respond to assignments and collaborate.


The site has information on each book the students can choose, information on the jobs they will fill as members of each group and tasks to be completed for each week in their group. They will post their responses, questions, and a final review of their books as individuals. It was far easier than I expected and I loved the fact that you can have a blog and website in one place, this was by far the best feature! I was disappointed to find that to use some of the cooler tools, you have to pay. But I guess this is the case for most fun sites these days. The blog took me a few to figure out, but I was already able to post. While I don't have a class, I feel that this would be elementary level friendly and easy to use at home or in school for students!
Check out My Weebly for Literature Circles!!

2 comments:

  1. Brianna, I love using literature circles with my fourth graders. It allows them to take responsibility for their own learning and it also gets them interacting and collaborating with one another. How cool of an idea to incorporate literature circles I to a weebly. I would like to try this out some time with another class. This year I have introduced wikis and blogging to my fourth graders. I am taking my maternity leave all of next year, but the following year, I already have many ideas that I want to incorporate into my teaching!! Thanks for sharing your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brianna,
    Very cool! Great work. They are really taking on the responsibility which is very important at this age.

    ReplyDelete